Saturday, January 16, 2010

DIY RGB Laser

As a geek, I find this incredible...

7 Color Laser Using The White Fusion Kit

A multimode Argon Laser used to cost $10k and be the size of a kitchen table. Now you can hold a laser that can produce any color imaginable in the palm of your hand. I love technology.

Now some video projector manufacturer needs to get off their butt so that I can have my 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio laser projector. ;)

The last thing that I need is another project, but I'd love to build one of these and see if I can build my own scanning system. With an RGBHV feed, it wouldn't be that hard. Each laser would have it's own luminance information and the sync lines could be used to drive a stepper. I wonder if this could be hacked...

Liquid Light Show Polygon Scanner

BTW, if it spins at 8170rpm and had 5 mirrors, why does it have a scan rate of 817Hz? Wouldn't it be 40,850 Hz? In one revolution, it scans 5 times. ???? 40,850 is more than enough for 1080i, but not 720p.

1080i=33.8kHz
720p=44.9kHz
1080p=67.6kHz

8170rpm is pretty darn fast. I wonder if that is a typo.

Hmmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home