Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Customer Service.

The other day I went to Auto Zone to rent a couple of tools. I checked out their website and discovered that they have a loan-a-tool program. They said that all of the tools shown on their site are available at ALL Auto zone stores. My experience:

I walk into Autozone and go up to service counter. Newbie punk helps me.
Me: Hi, I'm looking to rent a slide hammer and the halfshaft puller attachment.
Newbie: Uhhhhhh, well everything that we have is on this. (points to picture that my hands are resting on)
Me: OK, well I see the slidehammer but not the attachment.
Newbie: Everything we have is on there.
Me: Well, I just looked at your website and they show the attachment.
Newbie: Is it that? (points to totally wrong part)
Me: No, it looks kinda like a flat horeshoe.
Newbie: Uhhhhh, it's not on the picture so we dont have it.
Me: (getting agitated) Well, does anyone else know if you might have it?
Newbie: Let me ask Mr. Experienced Dude. (M.E.D. is already helping another customer)
Me: (standing there looked not thrilled)
Newbie: Just wait a minute. (disappears, probably hoping I will go away)

I proceed to stand at the service counter for no less than 5 minutes while Mr. Experienced Dude also wanders off to help his customer. Newbie then wanders back to see me still standing there. With a look of horror, he goes and gets another guy. He will be known as Shelf Stocking Dude #42.

Shelf Stocking Dude #42: Is there something that I can help you with?
Me: Yeah I need a slide hammer with the halfshaft pulling attachment.
Shelf Stocking Dude #42: Oh sure! (to newbie) Go in back. It's on the shelf in a box labeled FWD Axel Puller. You have to look.
Me: Thank you very much.

Moral of the story: GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND GO FUCKING LOOK!!!! I am sick of going to stores where the people that work there don't actually want to work. If I had it my way, you would get fired. It's called a job because it isn't sunshine and lollipops all the time. God forbid you actually show some initiative and LEARN how to do your job properly. I hate it when I know more than the store's employees. But, if I find a store that actually has a knowledgeable employee or at least someone that is willing to help, I will go back there EVERY TIME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home