Thursday, March 10, 2005

Trapped

JN touched on this one, and I am feeling the exact same way.

I really need a new job. I'd love to just quit and find something else. Unforunately, I can't afford to (literally). My current job is becoming aggrivating and painfully boring. I've been working long days yesterday and today.

Yesterday consisted of spending 2 1/2 hours trying to assemble a piece of equipment. There was absolutely nothing that I could do to make it work right or look good. That drives me INSANE. It is all because the salesman is spineless and won't tell the customer what they actually need. He just sells them the cheapest of crap that he can to make a buck.

Today was spent repairing a large heavy piece of equipment. We have done this many times in the past and should have been easy. It wasn't. It turned into a royal fudge job trying to make something work with the wrong tools and the wrong parts. This also drives me insane. Just as a kicker, while I was modifying a piece of equipment, I cut my finger. A deep cut right on the tip of my index finger. Whenever I brush it against anything it stings like mad. WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN!?! The only thing that I wanted to do was work on my car tonight. I ended up coming home late and wounded all because of this stupid job. THIS F'ING SUCKS.

On top of it all, I am incredibly overqualified. BUT, I am treated like a child. Neither management or sales will listen to the "install grunts". I have two degrees. I know more about audio, video, RF, computers, and networking than any of these morons ever will. Between NJ and I, we have over 15 years of experience. Do they still ignore our opinions? Without hesitation.

I guess that I am feeling even more trapped than usual because my B-Day is coming up. Other people my age are buying houses, getting married, and having kids. I've got my Mom saying thing like, "I had you when I was 27." Wonderful. Is that supposed to make me feel better? I don't know if my Mom is realizing what she is saying. All I can do is nod and let out a fake pained laugh. Yep, turning 28 without anything even resembling a girlfriend.

I really was intending to release some tension with a rant but now I just feel like shit.

I've gotta stop typing. My finger hurts really bad and I'm getting myself incredibly depressed.

Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home