Thursday, March 03, 2005

Food Whore

I'll admit it, I'm a "food whore" and I'm proud of it. My roommate called me this one weekend when I said I was going over to my parent's for lunch one Sunday. He was giving me crap because I wouldn't haul my butt out of bed to help him on Saturday. As soon as my mom called Sunday morning and mentioned porkchops, I was in the shower as soon as I hung up.

I think it's in my genes. Both of my parent's come from large families. Every holiday we would go over to my grandparent's house. My G'ma and G'pa S would have ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, baked beans, mac n cheese, stuffing, turkey gravy and ham gravy, hot buttered rolls, tons of desserts, and the infamous iced tea for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Oops! I almost forgot my G'pa S's homemade jerky. Absolutely incredible!

Over at my G'ma T's house, she was all about the deserts. The "main course" was really only an appetizer. My personal favorites are the homemade fudge, sugar cookies (with icing and sprinkles, of course), and krumkake (traditional Norwegian desert). I almost forgot those little peanut butter cookies with the hersheys kiss and the crackles (little ulta chocolate cookies with white powdered sugar on top).

I think each Turkey Day/Christmas, I took in about 5.4 million calories. As people move and start families of their own, the crowd has dwindled off, but the food is still awesome.

BTW, my G'ma S makes barbeque sauce that will make you cry it is soo good.

...mmmm...ribs...

1 Comments:

Blogger Bry said...

BP - mmmm...sounds amazing, I just ate breakfast and now you've made me hungry again :) oh, and if you're a food whore, I'm a food slut...I love food. I love making it, smelling and, of course, eating it. Damn...I'm seriously hungry.

Yay, it's Friday!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home