Friday, February 11, 2005

Forgetful Procrastinating Perfectionist

The three things that best describe me...

Forgetful:
I realized yesterday that I haven't touched one of my projects in over two years. It would be soo bad if it didn't involve computers. I actually started working on it over 4 years ago which is really painful.

Procrastinating:
I shelved the project due to a problem. I thought that the problem was caused by something much bigger than it was. After playing around with it yesterday, I fixed it. BTW, it is a specialized computer that I'm making into a MP3 player for my car.

Now that I have the computer fixed, I need a display.

Perfectionist:
All that I need is any old display to make this thing work. I actually even have and older one that might work. But do I use it? Hell no! I've spent all this time woking on it so I have to have this perfect display to go with it.


I may have to add insanity to the list. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Bry said...

Cute Canuck here (he he thanks). You sort of sound like me..at work I have three bins. One labelled "In", one labelled "Out" and the other labelled "Odd Stuff". If I run into a minor poblem I'll usualy put the file in the odd stuff bin...until I feel ready to tackle it (not for 4 years though). Your project sounds very interesting...keep an update on your progress (that's an order...LOL)!
Have a great weekend!

11:42 AM  
Blogger BP said...

I have a tendency to work in spurts. I won't touch something for months then I'll work like mad on it all night long. (I'm a night person.)

Progress is pretty slow right now. I decided to go and shoot pool last night and ended up not hauling my butt out of bed 'til 2pm today. Doh! Right now I'm scouring the net to see if anyone has the display that I want. Unfortunately the manufacturer doesn't sell the one that I want anymore.

I'll have to post something a bit more detailed so that you can see what the heck I'm talking about.

NJ, my butt is in gear, I swear! I'm trying to get my garage lighting and room lighting finished up this weekend.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home